The 7 Guiding Principles
1. The social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum.
2. How children learn is as important as what they learn.
3. The greatest cognitive growth occurs through social interaction.
4. To be successful academically and socially, children need a set of social skills: cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy, and self-control.
5. Knowing the children we teach is as important as knowing the content we teach.
6. Knowing the families of the children we teach and working with them as partners are essential to children's education
7. How the adults at school work together are as important as their individual competence.
The infant staff is dedicated CDA certified individuals that cater to children from 6 weeks to 12 months. The infant staff here at Sunshine Early Learning Center will help children with various skills such as grabbing and shaking toys, recognizing objects and people, responding to their own name, expressing emotion by the tone of their voice, etc. Our staff will ensure the success of all the children enrolled in the Infant program in order for the children to advance towards the next steps in life!
The Toddler staff is extremely dedicated individuals who are CDA certified to teach the toddlers of Sunshine Early Learning Center the necessary tools in order to prepare for Pre-K. The toddler program caters to children from 12 months to 3 years. Some of the various skills that will be taught in the toddler program will be the ability to learn and solve problems, the ability to use small and large muscles, the ability to understand and use language, etc. The toddler staff will build a strong bond with the students in order for them to do what's best for the children.